The perfect outfit is imperative if you want your performance to be the best. Attire is a significant factor in any dance show. When it comes to ballroom dresses, it should accentuate your curves and make dancing in it more than comfortable for you.
If you have to attend a ballroom dancing and you don’t really know about their dress codes, here’s a comprehensive guide. Enjoy!
What can be worn to a ballroom dance performance?
A two-piece set is usually ideal for newbies both during performance and practice sessions. So, if you want to look like a professional, go for a ballroom dance dress. A customized dress with gorgeous patterns and stonework will help boost your confidence while performing.
You can also go for a simple and sophisticated dress if you feel more comfortable in that. However, some gems or stones on the dress are highly appreciated in dance competitions.
Try out bright contrasting colors like blue, red, pink, green, white and mix them up to get brilliant combinations. You can also use transparent materials for the arms and back portion. Cutouts and slits can make a dress pretty attractive.
Outfits you can try out:
- A two-piece dress can look amazing if you pair it up with stunning accessories and heels. No matter what you wear, you should be comfortable enough to dance in it.
- Ballroom dance dress is the standard dress code for women. You can try out some solid colored ones as well as others with patterns and embellishment all over the body. Choose the one that fits you the best.
- An elegant gown can be your option too. A simple one with self-design on the fabric and no heavy stonework might help you stand out from the rest if you can pull it off correctly!
- Feathers and rhinestones are signs of royalty and luxury. Check out a few of such dresses; those may suit your purpose. You can also wear thin gloves along with such attires to enhance the look.
- For a few dance performances like Salsa or Cha Cha Cha, the dress is comparatively shorter. It’s usually a smooth and classy standard dress. Many women also prefer to wear a bodysuit and a mini skirt apart from a dress if that’s too mainstream.
With so many ballroom dresses as your options, do not feel confused! The choice should depend on your dance form and the event as well. Wear what makes you feel comfortable while dancing. Just remember stonework, slits and transparent backs are always a plus point.
Also, you need to keep an eye on which pair of heels you are going to wear along with the dress. A dancer’s favorite is her shoes. So, choose wisely but do not think only of the design. You also need to make movements and follow steps in it.
However, all the ballroom dresses are designed in such a way that they will accentuate your waist and curves. Just add on a smile, and you will be good to go!