Choosing a new Latin dress for ballroom events can be stressful. That’s because you’ve to put a lot of thought before buying it; and, there’s significant money on that line as well. However, all these hassles are worth your efforts if you do not regret the purchase later.
So, understanding a few specific things whenever you buy one can ensure you keep your costume inspiring and exciting enough.
What are the important things to know about Latin dresses?
Select a ballroom dance dress that hooks with the audience in the best possible way.
- It’s obvious that all dancers heading the dance floor will attract attention and look excellent. So, how can you be different from that? Pick a dress with one memorable feature and let that enhance your moves and bring out the best in you.
- Certain dress patterns like an extraordinarily high slit skirt can be a good example. Or, a startling design in an unanticipated area of that dress works well for many dancers.
- Astounding colour mixtures is also an exceptional way of making your dress memorable to the spectators.
- Sometimes, adding more crinoline (the material that holds out a dress or skirt) than it’s typically used can make your dress stand out.
During your early learning stages, it is fine to adorn a ballroom dress like other amateurs. But, as you reach the higher stages and your dance moves become more intriguing and technical, adding personal touches to your routine as well as the costume is necessary.
Set priorities if you’re buying dresses on a strict budget.
Let’s talk in order of preference here:
- Durability and quality of your Latin dress should be the most significant determining factor while selecting one.
- If a dancer needs to reduce costs, then talking to the designer, instructor, or dress seller might help. They can help her make the right choices concerning factors that ultimately determine the price of that dress.
- Considering the purpose of that ballroom dress is also important. If it’s going to be a one-show dress only, then you might compromise its quality a little. But, in that case, make sure you’re not leaving a frail impression on your audiences, or there’s no chance of malfunction during the performance.
Good fit is more than just feeling and looking good in your dress.
- A proper fitting necessitates inspecting that you can move and lift your arms freely and as much as you need to, wearing the ballroom dance dress. Bending and kicking in every direction without interferences from ornaments or material are the few things you must see in the trial room.
- The costume never puckers, slides, or attracts unintentional attention of the audiences.
If you see any of these things are happening or restricting your body postures, then do NOT take that dress home.
Pay attention to trends.
Going with the trend is good. However, make sure you’re not just copying what everyone else is wearing that season! Talk with your costume designer and create significant variations of whatever is trending. Taking inspiration from vintage fashion designers will help you design the perfect Latin dress for the event.
With these tips, you’ll never experience problems to choose a unique ballroom dress.